CKenergy is committed to enriching the lives of our youth through activities that promote scholarly excellence and the development of leadership skills. That is why we offer a scholarship opportunity for graduating seniors in our service territory.
2017 Senior Scholarship
Essay and Video Contest Rules
- Essays and video uploads with applications will be accepted until March 1, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- The 12 winners will be notified via phone or email.
- The 12 winners will be announced in the CKenergy newsletter, CKenergy’s Facebook page, CKenergy’s website and via Twitter
The Scholarship Contest is open to all CKenergy Electric Cooperative members’ children who will be a high school graduate from a school within CKEC’s service area.
Video Submission Requirements
- The video should be a commercial about ““Imagine it is the year 2030 and you are a CKEC member wishing to run for the CKEC Board of Directors. Explain to your fellow CKEC members why they should vote for you to represent CKEC.”
- The video must be at least one minute in length and may not exceed three minutes in length.
- Participants must submit properly completed applications and release forms.
- The video cannot contain copyrighted music without written permission from the copyright holder.
- Video shall not have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited publicly through any means.
- Only one video submission per applicant.
- Any submission that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent or obscene will not be eligible.
Video Consent Forms
Each video applicant is required to provide consent form. The consent form must be submitted with the application. Videos submitted without the consent form will not be entered in the contest.
Video Submission Instructions
1. Complete the application and appropriate consent forms.
2. Email scanned copies of the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to
3. Create a personal YouTube account at www.youtube.com and upload your video to the
account. Make the video public and disable comments to protect the video from unauthorized
commentary during the contest.
4. E-mail the link to your YouTube video to email@example.com.
5. A recent photograph will need to accompany the application and consent forms.
Video entries will not be accepted without a properly completed application and consent form.
The videos will be judged on:
- Educational Value
- Youth Appeal
- Technical Quality
Essay Submission Requirements
1. Type a 300-700 word, double-spaced essay on the chosen subject “Imagine it is the year 2030 and you are a CKEC member wishing to run for the CKEC Board of Directors. Explain to your fellow CKEC members why they should vote for you to represent CKEC.”
2. A recent photograph will need to accompany the application form and your essay.
3. Prepare a cover sheet including your name, address, phone number and email address and the name of your high school.
4. Deliver or mail the completed essay to CKenergy Electric Cooperative, Attn: Lisa Willard P.O. Box 100, Cordell, OK 73632 by March 1, 2017. Essays can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Essay Judging Criteria
The applicant must attend a two or four-year university or a two-year technical school to be eligible for this scholarship. Any student receiving scholarship funds must maintain proper minimum hour requirements according to the specific university or technical school he/she is attending in order to maintain a full-time student status.