2019 Youth Tour Contest
Four high school juniors from CKEC’s service area will receive an all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C. as winners of the Youth Tour Contest.
1. Students must currently be classified as high school juniors attending a school in CKEC’s service area. It is not necessary that the student's parents be members of CKenergy Electric Cooperative.
2. Contestants will be required to write and present a letter of 500 – 750 words in length. The letter can be to anyone of importance (parent, preacher, elected official, teacher etc.) on a topic that is important to them.
3. Essays must be typed and double spaced on only one side of the paper. Each page should be numbered in the top right corner and include site references.
4. Attach a completed entry form to your letter. DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON THE LETTER. All judging is done on an anonymous basis.
5. Entries will be judged on the basis of; (1) originality - 40%; (2) composition - 30%; (3) grammar, spelling and punctuation – 30%.
6. Deadline for all entries is February 8, 2019. Be sure to keep a copy of your entry for your use should you be selected as a finalist.
Dates for the 2019 Youth Tour are June 14-20, 2019.
2019 Youth Tour Application
2019 Youth Tour Rules
For more information contact:
Devin Whittington at 405.656.2322 or Lisa Willard 580.832.3361