2021 Washington D.C. Youth Tour
Four high school juniors from CKEC’s service area will receive an all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C. as winners of the Youth Tour Contest.
1. Students must currently be classified as high school juniors attending a school in CKEC’s service area. It is not necessary that the student's parents be members of CKenergy Electric Cooperative.
2. Contestants will be required to write and present a letter of 500 – 750 words in length. The letter can be to anyone of importance (parent, preacher, elected official, teacher etc.) on a topic that is important to them.
3. Essays must be typed and double spaced on only one side of the paper. Each page should be numbered in the top right corner and include site references.
4. Attach a completed entry form to your letter. DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON THE LETTER. All judging is done on an anonymous basis.
5. Entries will be judged on the basis of; (1) originality - 40%; (2) composition - 30%; (3) grammar, spelling and punctuation – 30%.
6. Deadline for all entries is January 18, 2021. Be sure to keep a copy of your entry for your use should you be selected as a finalist.
7. Eight finalists will be selected for a brief interview and to give oral presentations of their entries during the Youth Tour banquet in the spring. Judges will award the Washington D.C. trip and a $500 scholarship to the four highest scoring finalists. The runners-up win a $500 scholarship. The scholarships will be paid upon proof of enrollment as a full time student.
8. Decisions of the judges are final.
Dates for the 2021 Youth Tour are June 18-24, 2021.
2021 Youth Tour Application
For more information contact:
Lisa Willard 405.656.9174