2020 Senior Scholarship Contest Rules
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: March 2, 2020
- To provide financial assistance to high school seniors to further their education.
- To promote understanding, support, acceptance and involvement in the Cooperative.
- To instill high morals, leadership, self-esteem and confidence so individuals will be model citizens who could lead the Cooperative, their community, and their country in the future.
CKenergy Electric Cooperative will award 12 CKEC Senior Scholarship to applicants who satisfy the eligibility requirements.The CKEC Scholarships are in the amount of $500.00 and are awarded to individuals pursuing a four-year university or college academic degree program or a two-year associate degree or technical institute certificate program.
Each applicant must satisfy the following conditions in order to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Student’s parents or legal guardians must be members of CKenergy Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- The applicant’s parents or legal guardians must be a member in good standing of CKenergy Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Applicants must satisfy academic and any other admission requirements for entrance into the accredited school of their choice.
- Applicants must enroll in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours per semester.
- The applicant must complete and submit to the Cooperative an application for the scholarship.
The completed Application for Scholarship must reach CKenergy Electric Cooperative, P.O. Box 100, Cordell, OK 73632 no later than Monday, March 2, 2020.
The application shall contain ALL of the following (incomplete applications will not be reviewed):
A. Application for the CKEC Senior Scholarship
B. A minimum of (2) two letters of recommendation.
C. A letter from the applicant stating why they desire to continue their education.
D.A current photograph for use in the Cooperative’s monthly publication, “The Buzz.”
A. The CKEC Scholarship winners will be recognized in CKEC’s monthly newsletter, “The Buzz,”
CKEC’s website as well as social media.
B. Payment will be made when the scholarship winners have fulfilled eligibility requirements and
enrollment has been verified.Scholarship money will be paid directly to the student.
C. The CKEC Senior Scholarship may be terminated, suspended or changed by directive of the CKEC
2020 Senior Scholarship Application