2021 Youth Tour
Four high school juniors from CKEC’s service area will receive a $1,000 scholarship and an iPad. as winners of the Youth Tour Contest. The Runners-up will each receive a $500 scholarship.
1. Students must currently be classified as high school juniors attending a school in CKEC’s service area. It is not necessary that the student's parents be members of CKenergy Electric Cooperative.
2. Contestants will be required to write and present a letter of 500 – 750 words in length. The letter can be to anyone of importance (parent, preacher, elected official, teacher, etc.) on a topic that is important to them.
3. Essays must be typed and double spaced on only one side of the paper. Each page should be numbered in the top right corner and include site references.
4. Attach a completed entry form to your letter. DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON THE LETTER. All judging is done on an anonymous basis.
5. Entries will be judged on the basis of; (1) originality - 40%; (2) composition - 30%; (3) grammar, spelling, and punctuation – 30%.
6. Deadline for all entries is February 19, 2021. Be sure to keep a copy of your entry for your use should you be selected as a finalist.
7. Eight finalists will be selected to send in a video of the letter in speech form. Judges will award the $1,000 scholarship and an iPad to the four highest-scoring finalists. The runners-up win a $500 scholarship. The scholarships will be paid upon proof of enrollment as a full-time student.
8. Decisions of the judges are final.
Youth Tour Application
For more information contact:
Lisa Willard 405.656.9174